Sunday, February 22, 2009

Heaven help us all.

Listening to Fox News today and they announced that President Obama is unveiling a program the end of this week to cut spending. Other news sources confirm it.

The provisions of this program include raising taxes on businesses and "the rich," and cutting defense spending.

You know, I'm from Illinois. I first became aware of Barack Obama when he ran for the US Senate. He's very charismatic. Years ago I was telling people that he'd probably run for president one day because he was about the best potential candidate the Democrats had. But I don't agree with him and never did. And he really needed more experience in the US Senate before taking on the presidency. I think his lack of experience is showing. He seems to believe that if he can "sell" an idea with a feel-good talk, or scare the hell out of all us by claiming the economy may be an irreversible loss, that that will "heal" the nation.

Actually, that and $4.00 will buy you a cup of coffee.

And, I'm sorry, this program to cut spending is just.... stupid. Yet the president is not a stupid man. Maybe he has stupid advisors. People who believe in pie-in-the-sky b.s. that sounds real good but isn't viable in the real world. That about sums up the Ivy League -- where our president got his academic credentials.

In any case, the president couldn't do more damage to the economy if he used a chainsaw on it.

My God, I can't imagine what the stock market is going to look like tomorrow. I'll probably have to sell what I've got left in my IRAs just to recover something before they lose their total value.

The "Stimulus" bill pumps a lot of hot air into government spending (read "deficit"), while a tax on business discourages private enterprise and economic growth.

Doesn't he get it? He's only digging a much bigger economic hole. He's ruining the country.

Business is what generates cash and economic growth.

The rich may not be very well-liked by the envious, but most of them live on only a small percentage of their incomes and they invest the rest -- and their investments fund business.

As far as cutting defense spending. Jeez, I don't know. I was traumatized by 9/11. I still haven't got over it. And deep in my heart, I'm not sure that the federal government has any greater priority than providing national defense.

This breaks my heart. America was such a good idea.

Good-bye to human Enlightenment. Hello pack of snarling dogs fighting over each other's bones.

I'm so very sorry. And I don't want to have to live through what's coming.

Mr. President, you've destroyed all my hope.

No comments: