Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A muddy campaign

Just briefly because I've got some paying work to do....

Do believe this is going to be one very nasty campaign season and glad it's only a little over a month long. See, the dems have nothing to run on. What are they going to say?

   "I"m one of the people who sold my vote to Pazzo Pelosi for socialized medicine!"

   "I voted for three separate stimulus package, ensuring unemployment would hover around 10% forever!"

   "I was a staunch supporter of cap-and-trade. We all need to pay a whole lot more for electricity!"

   "I packed the defense funding bill with loads of crap for special interest groups!"

   "I think it's rather tribal and primitive to suggest defending the nation's borders!"

   "I'm a firm believer in raising taxes! That certainly will get the economy going (to hell)!"

Are the dems going to tell the voters all this? As if the voters aren't already painfully aware of it.

No, the dems don't want to talk about issues. Instead, they'll accuse Republicans and other conservatives of... witchcraft, wanting to do away with the Dept. of Education (good idea, what does it do, anyway?), dressing up like Hitler on the weekends, and the biggest disgrace of all -- clinging to the US Constitution.

The dems have nothing to run on. They have done nothing that the public wants. If they mention what they have done, they'll probably be bombarded with rotten tomatoes, tarred and feathered, or ridden out on a rail. (I just love these 19th Century expressions of disapproval.)

So I guess this will probably be a pretty dirty and name-calling campaign. All the dems can do is try to make the Republicans look worse than they are -- and that would be a stretch.

And, of course, the Republicans will win big. I'm sure that's even beginning to sink into the Comrade's dense skull.

Save the Republic.

No comments: