Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's still the economy, stupid

So Glenn Beck, become the prince of darkness over recent weeks, among others, is all over the new congress because they haven't fixed the economy yet. I mean, my gosh, they've been office about six weeks already.

I actually stayed up a couple hours this morning to see Paul Ryan on TV. Why doesn't Beck and others give him a listen? Paul Ryan actually has a plan -- for Social Security and Medicare, too. But I guess it's easier to whine and bitch and convince people to rebuild those old atom bomb shelters and hoard pork'n'beans. And exactly who the hell has $25,000.00 worth of useless stuff in their basement? I think maybe Glen Beck has lost touch.

Glenn Beck gets more like Alex Jones everyday. FYI, Alex Jones never met a conspiracy he didn't like. He's one of the people responsible for littering YouTube with tall tales about George W blowing up the Twin Towers, showing stop-action tapes to show the !!TWO!! explosions. (Yeah, #1 when the plane went through the side of the building, #2 when the jet fuel blew up.)

Or no, maybe it was Woodrow Wilson and the Progressives.

I mean, after seeing the Tea Parties rise to the occasion, has Glen Beck learned nothing about the indomitable and resilient spirit of the American public?

So this my valentine to Paul Ryan, who remains a reasonable person and probably has more trust in government than I do about fixing things. But I've read his blueprint. I don't expect it to get passed without any changes, but it is certainly far preferable to the load of crap the Comrade dumped on the nation in the form of his "budget."

The Comrade's "budget" is more like a spending spree. The Comrade really, really has absolutely no good information about economics. Or maybe he wants to destroy the nation. Hey... it is a possibility. All the indicators point in that direction. Or maybe the Comrade is just off-loading his leadership role onto congress. I mean, that is what he did to Nancy Pelosi -- and God, what a frickin' disaster than was!

So here's a belated little valentine heart to Paul Ryan, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell and others who can and will fix things. I don't expect it will be painless, but they aren't whining about it. Rather, they're doing the American thing, rolling up their sleeves and ordering a pizza for an all-nighter.

Save the Republic.

No comments: