Thursday, January 19, 2012

So Mitt has nothing but big bux for attack ads?

Despite the fact that Mitt Romney's 59 points are so wimpish (see a few blogs back), I was quite willing to support him if he won the nomination... until...

Mark Levin played a couple of Romney's attack ads against Newt Gingrich tonight. They were attacks not on policy or issues, or even Newt's well-known "baggage." They were personal attacks, name-calling with not much meat behind them. And so vicious, they kind of made you wonder about the people who produced them, appeared in them, who promote and pay for them. And they make you wonder about Mitt Romney.

So Romney's got nothing else? Really? Just lots of money to buy lots of ad space to tear down his opponents? That's it? Nothing on the plus side?

No. If Romney wins, I'll probably stay home on Election Day. He's starting to turn my stomach. I'm not seeing a lot of difference anymore between Romney with a briefcase full of money, surrounded by henchmen and the Comrade with the Secret Service and NBC.

'Course the ads are not Mitt's fault.

I'm a  little sick that b.s. too.

I don't care that Mitt hasn't made his tax returns public. I don't care if he's got money in the Cayman Islands and only pays 15% in taxes. As far as I'm concerned, good for him. It's not like I was going to launch a venture capital firm until Mitt galloped up and snatched that opportunity away from me. I don't care one way or the other if he's rich. Might a sign of his acumen, not a bad thing.

But I can't respect someone who won't argue the facts or policy, instead just throws a bunch of crap against the wall to see what sticks.

That's no way to "win," Mitt. That's no win at all. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I'll tell you something else, based on 30 years working in marketing, advertising, public relations, and publishing. If you don't have a halfways decent product, you're not going to sell it. No matter how much lipstick you put on that pig, it's still a pig. People might buy it once, mistaking it for... whatever else was promised... but never again. The customers feel like they've been conned and fleeced and they become highly disgruntled. It doesn't end well.

This is the situation where the Comrade finds himself. He seems to think he can buy himself re-elction. And it seems to be where Romney's headed.

It doesn't really work. You end up just pissing off a lot of people who will never trust you again. Hey, if he can do it to Gingrich, he can do it to me, too. And probably will.

And that's all for now. Plenty more to say about the blockhead in the White House -- and I can provide quite a lot of evidence support that description -- but frankly, I'm sick of thinking about it.

America seems to be doomed.

Save the Republic.

No comments: