Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Are you better off now than you were four years ago?

I swear, Sean Hannity is a mind reader. With all the publicity about Republican candidates, all that's been going through my mind about the much-anticipated 2012 campaign is Ronald's first campaign slogan:

"Are you better off now than you were four years ago?"

And if you were, Reagan suggested you go ahead and vote for Jimmy Carter once again.

Carter lost in a huge landslide for those who don't remember. And this seems to be one "lesson of history" that's going to repeat -- thank heavens.

Funny, no matter who I talk about what candidate -- like, "I really like former governor Blitz Blather, but he doesn't have any foreign policy background." Or "You know, I really liked Kerris Matick as a senator, too bad he got caught with that underwear model..."

No matter which deficiencies you point out in the backgrounds of the various candidates, the response I get from EVERYONE I talk to is:

"S/He's still better than what we got now. I'd for vote anyone who runs against the Comrade."

So anyway, I listen to Hannity's radio show all the time -- it's on while I'm working. And caught his TV show last night. And Hannity also resurrected Ronald Reagan's old slogan and read it in its entirely. But it comes down to the same thing:

Are you better off now than you were four years ago?

And the thing is, during the last presidential campaign, almost four years ago, the USA was already on the downswing. Lehman Brothers had defaulted, the housing market was collapsing, and you couldn't give away a new car.

And it's just gotten worse and worse.Now we have fuel shortages, food shortages, and inflation.

It's kinda like that $800 BILLION stimulus package was just used for toilet paper, isn't it? Only we still all owe for it. Which is exactly what I predicted as the more likely outcome than the Comrade's (and Paul Krugman's and Reich's) sunny castles-in-spain scenario.

And the Comrade is scheduled to make a speech tomorrow to unveil some new Middle East policy. Good lord, it's enough to give you ulcers. I'm just shaking with apprehension -- so afraid he's going to sell us out now to Hamas or someone. He's such an irresponsible, blockheaded jerk. To quote Will Rogers: It's kind of like when the baby gets hold of a hammer.

Save the Republic

No comments: