Tuesday, May 24, 2011

While the Comrade's out of town....

Woke up this morning and turned on the TV to watch Benjamin Netanyahu addressing our congress -- both houses. (By the way, I finally remembered to note whether or not they got rid of that hideous red carpet they used to have. Looks like they did.)

Anyway, Netanyahu's speech rolled out like a State-of-the-Union. Like every time he made a declarative statement, everyone stood up and applauded. Afterwards, as Netanyahu left the podium and was surrounded by congress critters shaking his hand and having pictures taken with him, I noticed he and Joe Lieberman embraced. That's nice. I imagine Lieberman, like Schumer and Weiner, have had some very nervous moments trying to explain the Comrade's anti-Jewish posture to their constituents.

I admit to suffering from head-of-state envy.

After the Comrade's "Let's throw Israel under the bus" speech of last week, I emailed the Israeli Embassy in Washington and told them not to pay any attention to the Comrade. The people of U.S.A. still support Israel, and our nation will return to some improved kind of foreign policy sanity after the next election. Apparently I'm not the only person they heard from.

I mean, really, I was raised Catholic and have no personal stake in Israel, except in its position as a bulwark against the superstition and thuggery that generally holds reign over the Middle East. There's a reason the Middle East is tinder-box. Because it's populated mostly by warring tribes of self-proclaimed victims who haven't the enlightenment to see which side upon which their bread is buttered. Their leaders are mostly two-bit gangsters who, 1.) enjoy the ignorance of their "subjects" because it makes them easier to push around; and 2.) hate and despise anyone who rocks the little boats of their Medieval feofdoms.

What amazes me is that the Comrade claims from one side of his face to stand behind the "rights" of the oppressed everywhere while, at the same time, actively working to oppress them.

He hasn't got a clue how freedom works.

You're not free, Comrade, when someone else controls the puppet strings -- either through pie-in-the-sky promises of no-charge prosperity or by having the bigger guns.

***

Changing the subject for a moment. I just looked up "feofdom" to check the spelling. It's not in my dictionary, but "feoffment" and "feoffer" is.

Interesting world. It means according to Webster's 7th, "the granting of a fee." I guess like fee-offer. That's probably where it comes from. (Need I remind you, I have a degree in English... that explains it.)

Anyway, so apparently feoffment means that the king, or the Mayor Chicago, of the President of the United States and various congress critters -- will offer you the privilege of paying them a fee for... whatever.

Hey, known in Chicago -- and now inside the Beltway, too -- as "pay-to-play." "I will let you bribe me for political favors and government contracts."

Available to only the very few.

So maybe the whole game here really is Crusaders vs the Saracens. Whaddaya think?

Save the Republic.
I

No comments: