Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Guess we've got the answer

I started this blog by talking about Ben Franklin telling a woman that he and the other delegates had founded a republic, if we can keep it.

Guess we have the answer to that now.

R.I.P. to what was a really good idea -- the USA -- that spawned all kinds of prosperity, creativity, peace, and lots of stuff that was just plain fun.

Now time to hunker down and kiss the ass of the federal regulators. Just like The Third Reich, Soviet Union, et. al.

The market dropped more than 200 points over the last couple days. It's probably dropping even more now. Maybe it will come back up so I can cash in what's left of my IRA stock -- at least enough to fund my departure from Amerika.

Doubt I'll be able to sell this house for what I paid for it in this market, so that's a complete waste. At least I won't have to worry about the grass or cleaning out the gutters. The village can turn it into a parking lot -- their fondest dreams come true.

Now... where to go. Have to go check out some desolate islands in the South Pacific or someplace.

I'm glad I have less life to look forward to than to look back on. Most of my relatives are dead. So, not leaving a whole lot behind.

What bothers me the most is the death of what seemed to be a really viable ideal. That's just too bad. I had such hopes for the human race.

No comments: