Sunday, June 14, 2009

OK, OK. Let me see if I have this straight....

Prez Osama is proposing to reduce, cut, and ration health care to the poor and elderly -- that is Medicare/Medicaid recipients -- in order to extend "free" health insurance to... whom? The supposed 47 million people who do not have health insurance, including the young and healthy who don't want to pay for it or can't afford it, those who can afford it but don't want to spend the money, and illegal aliens.

Is this making any sense? Take it away from people who really do need it and give it to those who probably have other options, or have no real business making claims upon the tax dollars of American citizens.

I'm seeing very little logic in this, but then I'm looking for positive advantages for the human race, not the huge gains the nanny state would make in terms of controlling even the most personal aspects of everyone's lives.

So start again... If I were looking to seize control of US citizens and severely restrict their personal liberty, how would I go about it?

Oh. Ok. Now I see.

More later... We actually have some sunshine today in Chicago, which means lawn mowing and window washing.

No comments: