Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Had my fill of negativity already

Mitt Romney has given several interviews lately on TV, and I found myself warming up to him a bit.

He seems to be the person that Fox and many Washington insiders, and Ann Coulter, support for the Republican nomination for president.

However, I do not like, and never have liked, negative campaigning.

It's like making war, you know? It's like you if can't offer a strong and persuasive argument, then the other option is just to attack and destroy the competition. It's like the TV show Survivor, which I don't like and never watch. I mean who wins? The slimy, sniveling pig you wish had been voted out. The weakest runt of the litter who's just mooched off everyone else's accomplishments.

I can't respect this. As a matter of fact, I expect such a negative campaign to be the democrats' strategy next year, since the Comrade and all his twisted little buddies have failed to produce anything positive over his years in office thus far. He has nothing to offer, so attack the other guy. He's very obviously got nothing else to run on.

It's pretty disgusting from the democrats -- though actually more or less in character. And it's really disappointing from Mitt Romney.

I won't vote for anyone who runs a negative campaign. In fact, I really liked Michelle Bachman until everything that came out her mouth was an attack against her opponents. No wonder she's fallen so far in the polls. And I've been taking another look at Rick Perry since he stopped attacking everyone else.

So now Romney seems to think this negativity thing is going to work for him.

Well, it doesn't work for me. That's all I can say about it.

Save the Republic.

No comments: