Friday, July 16, 2010

You know what? Just ignore it

I don't want to go into too much detail here. I mean, otherwise I could go to jail. Debtor's prison. Maybe they'll sell me into bondage and send me to... what place is worse than the USA anymore?

Well, I still own my old house. I had a bid on it for a short sale. The bank dorked around for five months, I moved anticipating a change of ownership, and then the bank set a pretty high price for the property and rejected the bid I had. But.... they said I'd have until July 15 to find another buyer before they started foreclosure.

Go ahead. Foreclose.

I called them. Now they want to know if I want them to foreclose or what?

Got some stark blank-faced form letters on very cheap copy paper from a government agency. They threatened to seize my property.

Go ahead. Seize my property. I'd love to see the feds and the bank in a little tug-o-war. Might be fun. I also have a very old car and a bunch of stuff I'm embarrassed to offer to the Salvation Army. Maybe they'll haul that way for me, too.

So I called the government agency. "Are you going to seize my property?" They weren't aware that I owed them anything. The person I spoke to said to disregard the notice, it's just something that gets sent out automatically.

So I found the magic secret to a happy life:  Just ignore the bastards.

I did thank the lady at the government agency for the way the feds have handled the economy.

What a bunch of damnfools. They just lie and bully. If you ignore them, they won't do anything.

So, just wanted to pass that along. Don't worry about your mortgage, bills, money you may/may not owe the feds. If you don't tell them, they won't know about it. They're just big machines that print out stuff that gets automatically mailed. To keep the Post Office busy presumably.

Don't worry. Be happy.

And migrate to your own personal cash economy. It's impossible to trace. And when the whole federal economy comes crashing down, it won't disturb your peace of mind. You'll already have your own little refuge and sanctuary and everyone else can just go to hell. And they will, most assuredly.

Save the republic.

No comments: