Sunday, November 8, 2009

House toadies pass socialized medicine

CLICK HERE FOR THE ROLL CALL VOTE

or cut'n'paste: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2009/roll887.xml


-- just in case the link doesn't work.

Make your own copy and bring it with you to your Polling Place next year.


The House passed its bloated socialized medicine bill by a vote of 220 - 215. Pazzo Pelosi gloated over it for a while. I didn't watch her. I can't stand seeing her rat-like teeth anymore. I just want to slap her face and see if there is anything at all behind the plastic. (I mean, beside more plastic.)

I almost did watch, though. I was sitting there, concentrating real hard, focusing all my psychic attention on the thought of her tripping over the steps to the podium, falling down, cracking her head, and her brains falling out. I visualized it in great detail, hoping if I concentrated long enough, I could make it happen.

Earlier, as Pazzo swept majestically through someplace I tried to convey the same thought psychically, and one of her idiot bodyguards or someone actually tripped on something and almost fell down, so it thought it might work. Just have to perfect my psychic aim.

Anyway, I'd just gotten off work and was hungry, so instead of waiting for Madama Butthead to show up, I went out and got a bag of potato chips. Got to keep my priorities in order.

If they can have magic economics and socialized medicine Utopia, I guess I can project a psychic death ray.

Anyway, 220 - 215 is not a very impressive showing, considering the size of the majority in the House. Something like 39 democrats voted against it. One republican voted in favor, but he's supposed to be not much more than a place-holder, like zero, replacing some other congresscritter who's in jail right now (where most of them really belong). The bill is not going to get through the Senate, so this is all just a waste of time. However, it keeps the congresscritters busy and prevents them from making a larger mess of other industries that they also don't know anything about.

One vote that is not surprising is the "Aye" from my congressional rep, Melissa Bean. I assumed she would vote with the democrats. However, through this whole issue, Ms. Bean has shown herself to be a truly gutless, spineless and worthless legislator. Here's why:

She didn't have any town hall meetings, just teleconferences with a select few people -- no doubt cogs from the state's democrat machine, her donors, and any other person she might feel beholden to for her office. Not ordinary citizens, however. No... we don't count. I do think she had something like a "tea," invitation-only, and she refers to that as her "town hall." Maybe she really doesn't know the difference between open discourse and sycophants kissing your butt. One more reason not to extend her stay in Washington -- too easy to manipulate.

Bean was initially leaning in favor of socialized medicine, then issued a statement saying she really hadn't made up her mind. Bullshit, you know? She just didn't want to have to defend her position after seeing the strong negative reaction her cohorts in the House were getting at their town hall meetings. She didn't want to actually think hard enough to come up with any positive reason for supporting socialized medicine -- and God knows, that's a tough one, because there really are no positive reasons for supporting it. But Bean quite obviously has no guts, and clearly no conviction behind her position. She probably just asks Pelosi which button to hit or obeys directives from some clown from Cook County.

Because of that -- her refusal to take a stand and defend it -- I have absolutely no respect for Melissa Bean at all and I don't think weak-kneed addlepated powder puffs like her should even volunteer to represent other people. She hasn't got the spine for it, and clearly not the brains, either. She certainly isn't capable of representing me.

Start looking for another job, kiss-up. Maybe after the 2010 election, ol' Pazzo will invite you to S.F. and you can help her scare the crows off her vineyards or skim the scum off her pool. You really aren't wanted back in Illinois.

No comments: